The Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme has been set up in conjunction with H.M Customs & Excise and Local Education Authorities to enable pupils of LEA schools to take advantage of large discounts and Value Added Tax reclamation available to the County Councils. Please contact us on 0118 957 5771 for an application form.
1. The pupil must be in full-time education at an LEA School.
2. The pupil must be receiving tuition from an LEA Music Service appointed Visiting Instrumental Teacher.
3. The instrument must be pertinent to a students needs e.g a beginner violinist is not likely to need a Stradivarius violin!
4. The instrument must be handed over from the School to the pupil in a teaching room.
5. The instrument must be charged to the pupil at or below cost.
2. Prices of instruments are listed on the Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme price list. If you do not have a current price list or seek further help please contact the AIPS Department of Hickies on 0118 9575771.
3. When you have made your choice send the completed form to Hickies Ltd, AIPS Department, 153 Friar Street, Reading. RG1 1HE.
4. We will advise you when you need to pay the school for the instrument and when it will be delivered.
Please note the following conditions:
1. Once your order has been received Hickies Ltd will conduct all negotiations with their suppliers on your behalf.
2. A receipt from Hickies Ltd will be packaged with the instrument. Should there be any problems with the instrument please contact Hickies Ltd.
3. We will process your order as quickly as possible, please allow a reasonable amount of time for delivery.