Core Classics is a collection of seven books of music from the piano canon, selected and graded by leading educationalists. Drawn from ABRSM?s extensive back catalogue, each volume contains a rich selection of engaging pieces to form the backbone of any pianist?s repertoire. From Bach to Beethoven, Scarlatti to Schumann, this series includes an abundance of much-loved pieces. All pieces have been carefully selected to ensure that each book is nothing short of a ?teacher?s toolkit? ? works that any teacher would want their pupils to learn as part of their musical journey.
Each book is authoritatively graded, with pieces gradually increasing in difficulty throughout. Thebooks are equally valuable for learners working towards a grade exam, between grades, or playing for leisure, building technical skills and confidence.
With an elegant and attractive design, and an unrivalled range of repertoire, this is an essential collection for piano teachers and learners alike.
- Andante from Symphony nr 94 in G Hob. I/94
- Air: No. 7 from 12 Easy Pieces
- Study in F, Op. 190 No. 27 (Melody)
- A Toy, from Fitzwilliam Virginal Book
- Camptown Races
- Melody, Nr 21 from A. B. C. du Piano
- Waltz: No. 11
- Prelude from Suite nr 1 in G Z. 660
- Minuet No. 8, Hob. IX/8
- Sailors Song: No. 11 from Work and Play
- German Dance WoO 8 nr 1
- Menuett in G, K. 1e
- Sonatina in C: Adagio
- Study in F Op. 176 nr 17
- Moderato Op. 6 nr 2
- Allegro from Sonatina Nr 2
- Gavotte in F from Instructions on the Art of Playing the Piano
- Down by the Riverside
- Stolzer Reitersmann (Proud Horseman), Op. 47 No. 2
- Three Blue Mice: No. 1