Core Classics is a collection of seven books of music from the piano canon, selected and graded by leading educationalists. Drawn from ABRSM?s extensive back catalogue, each volume contains a rich selection of engaging pieces to form the backbone of any pianist?s repertoire. From Bach to Beethoven, Scarlatti to Schumann, this series includes an abundance of much-loved pieces. All pieces have been carefully selected to ensure that each book is nothing short of a ?teacher?s toolkit? ? works that any teacher would want their pupils to learn as part of their musical journey.
Each book is authoritatively graded, with pieces gradually increasing in difficulty throughout. Thebooks are equally valuable for learners working towards a grade exam, between grades, or playing for leisure, building technical skills and confidence.
With an elegant and attractive design, and an unrivalled range of repertoire, this is an essential collection for piano teachers and learners alike.
- Branle de Basque
- The Bear: No. 4 from Christmas Gifts
- Sonata 6, Minuett and 1st Variation
- All Forlorn: No. 1 from Odd Moments
- Tr?s vite from Fantasia in E minor TWV 33:21
- Study in E, Op. 98 No. 12
- Hornpipe from Abdelazar Z.T683
- Over the Border
- German Dance in A D. 972 nr 3
- Menuet in G BWV anh. II 116
- Les Pifferari (The Bagpipers), Impromptu
- The Temple by the Sea
- Sonatina in G, Anh. 5/1: 1st movement, Moderato
- Innocence, No. 5 from 25 Easy and Progressive Studies, Op. 100
- Little Haba?era
- Divertimento in C, Hob. XIV/41: 2nd movement, Menuetto and Trio
- Sarabande in E minor, from 8 Suits of Lessons for the Harpsichord
- Bonny Bobby Bluetoe from Swinging Rhymes
- Gavotte 2 from English Suite no. 3