Key Features at Grade 6
- Natural and Pinched Harmonics, Two hand tapping
- All 5 shapes of the Minor Pentatonic scale. Dorian Mode, Major 7th, Minor 7th and Dominant 7th Arpeggios and Chords. Stylistic Study
- Session Work
Rockschool builds upon its 21 years of unrivalled experience in rock and pop examination by bringing you the 2012-2018 Syllabus. For this latest Syllabus, Rockschool have employed some of the most sought after professional musicians to ensure that their tunes are the most authentic on offer.
Guitar Syllabus features
- Plot your stylistic specialism – followyour preferred style up through the grades
- Introduction to tone – authentic tone and amp setting suggestions for each track
- TAB and Standard Notation
- 6 Performance pieces, 6 varying styles
- Fact files – band and artist background information with recommended further listening
- Walkthroughs – Hints and Tips on the tricky sections of the songs
- Downloads with full mixes & backing tracks
- Free Choice Element – You can select 2 free choice pieces in your exam
All Rockschool grades are fully accredited throughout the UK by the qualifications regulators of England (OfQual) Wales (DCELLS) Northern Ireland (CCEA) AND Scotland (SQA Accreditation).