Core Classics is a collection of seven books of music from the piano canon, selected and graded by leading educationalists. Drawn from ABRSM?s extensive back catalogue, each volume contains a rich selection of engaging pieces to form the backbone of any pianist?s repertoire. From Bach to Beethoven, Scarlatti to Schumann, this series includes an abundance of much-loved pieces. All pieces have been carefully selected to ensure that each book is nothing short of a ?teacher?s toolkit? ? works that any teacher would want their pupils to learn as part of their musical journey.
Each book is authoritatively graded, with pieces gradually increasing in difficulty throughout. Thebooks are equally valuable for learners working towards a grade exam, between grades, or playing for leisure, building technical skills and confidence.
With an elegant and attractive design, and an unrivalled range of repertoire, this is an essential collection for piano teachers and learners alike.
- Rondo in F, K. 15hh, from London Notebook
- A Celtic Song
- Prayer, Op. 25 No. 5
- Sunset over Stac Pollaidh
- The Policemans Song
- In the Bay, from Fancy Free
- Sonata in G minor
- Butterfly, Op. 36 No. 8
- Moderato cantabile: 1st movt from Sonatina in F, Op. 168 No. 1. No. 1 from Diabelli, 7 Sonatinas, Op. 168
- Suite No. 2 in B flat, 2. Siciliana: Adagio
- Minuet in G WoO 10 nr 2
- Scherzo in C
- Premier Chagrin Op. 149 nr. 6
- Bread and Butter: No. 2
- Arietta, Op. 43 No. 7
- Habanera: No. 6 from Ten Dances
- Prelude in F BWV 927
- Alvedans Op. 12 nr 4