Core Classics is a collection of seven books of music from the piano canon, selected and graded by leading educationalists. Drawn from ABRSM?s extensive back catalogue, each volume contains a rich selection of engaging pieces to form the backbone of any pianist?s repertoire. From Bach to Beethoven, Scarlatti to Schumann, this series includes an abundance of much-loved pieces. All pieces have been carefully selected to ensure that each book is nothing short of a ?teacher?s toolkit? ? works that any teacher would want their pupils to learn as part of their musical journey.
Each book is authoritatively graded, with pieces gradually increasing in difficulty throughout. Thebooks are equally valuable for learners working towards a grade exam, between grades, or playing for leisure, building technical skills and confidence.
With an elegant and attractive design, and an unrivalled range of repertoire, this is an essential collection for piano teachers and learners alike.
- Vieux Noel (Old Christmas Carol) (G minor)
- Soldiers March, Op. 47 No. 14
- Bagatelle, Op. 119 No. 1
- Prelude in C minor, BWV 999
- Prelude in D minor, Op. 40 No. 3
- Lied der Gro?mutter Op. 27 nr 10
- Christmas Piece: No. 1 from 6 Kinderstucke, Op. 72 (Allegro non troppo in G)
- Study no. 11
- La chevaleresque Op. 100 nr 25
- Andante from Sonata in D minor BWV 964
- Allegro molto from Sonatina in F Op. 88 nr 4
- Sketch in D, Op. 47 No. 3
- In a Gondola, Op. 105 No. 4
- Minuet in G minor, from Suite No. 1 in Bb (1727 coll.), HWV 434
- Folk Song, Op. 12 No. 5
- Sonata in D, Hob. XVI/33: 3rd movement, Tempo di Menuet
- Chanson triste, Op. 40 No. 2