The Rockschool Popular Music Theory Guidebook (Grades Debut – Grade 5) is an introduction to music theory for students taking Rockschool’s new theory exams. Use it along with the accompanying Popular Music Theory Workbooks (Debut to Grade 5) to ensure success in your exams. Rock and pop music is analysed in depth, making this essential reading for students of all rock and pop styles. Rockschool’s Popular Music Theory series is also ideal for Music Technology, GCSE and Further Education students.
- How music is constructed and written on the stave
- The most common scales in rock and pop
- Rhythm notation and timesignatures
- Directions, dynamics and articulations
- Harmony theory and common chord progressions
- Specialist notation and techniques for all rock band instruments
- The role of the instruments in different styles of music
- How to read and analyse a musical score
- AND MUCH MORE!
Rockschool’s Popular Music Theory Syllabus is fully accredited by all four UK regulators and offers UCAS points at Grades 6, 7 & 8. Lean more about Rockschool Popular Music Theory at www.rockschool.co.uk/theory