Core Classics is a collection of seven books of music from the piano canon, selected and graded by leading educationalists. Drawn from ABRSM?s extensive back catalogue, each volume contains a rich selection of engaging pieces to form the backbone of any pianist?s repertoire. From Bach to Beethoven, Scarlatti to Schumann, this series includes an abundance of much-loved pieces. All pieces have been carefully selected to ensure that each book is nothing short of a ?teacher?s toolkit? ? works that any teacher would want their pupils to learn as part of their musical journey.
Each book is authoritatively graded, with pieces gradually increasing in difficulty throughout. Thebooks are equally valuable for learners working towards a grade exam, between grades, or playing for leisure, building technical skills and confidence.
With an elegant and attractive design, and an unrivalled range of repertoire, this is an essential collection for piano teachers and learners alike.
- Andante in B flat, K. 15ii, from London Notebook
- Prelude in E minor, Op. 28 No. 4
- Corant from Lesson in E minor
- Andante from Sonata in G op14 no2
- May, lovely May (Mai, lieber Mai), Op. 68 No. 13
- Invention No. 8 in F, BWV 779
- Vals Po?tico Nr 6
- Study in C: No. 12 from The Wheel of Progress, Op. 74, Book 3
- Album Leaf, from Lyrische St?cke (Lyric Pieces), Op. 12
- A New Ground, Z. T682
- Mazurka, Op. 43 No. 3
- A Maske, from Fitzwilliam Virginal Book
- Scherzo Valse
- Chanson napolitaine (Neopolitan song), Op. 39 No. 18
- There was a most beautiful Lady, from Country Pageant
- Rondo: second movement from Sonatina in E flat, Op. 19 No. 6
- Musical Snuffbox, Op. 32
- Tango Op. 165 nr 2
- Larghetto maestoso – Allegro assai from Sonata in F minor WoO 47 nr 2
- A Wise Bud