Core Classics is a collection of seven books of music from the piano canon, selected and graded by leading educationalists. Drawn from ABRSM?s extensive back catalogue, each volume contains a rich selection of engaging pieces to form the backbone of any pianist?s repertoire. From Bach to Beethoven, Scarlatti to Schumann, this series includes an abundance of much-loved pieces. All pieces have been carefully selected to ensure that each book is nothing short of a ?teacher?s toolkit? ? works that any teacher would want their pupils to learn as part of their musical journey.
Each book is authoritatively graded, with pieces gradually increasing in difficulty throughout. Thebooks are equally valuable for learners working towards a grade exam, between grades, or playing for leisure, building technical skills and confidence.
With an elegant and attractive design, and an unrivalled range of repertoire, this is an essential collection for piano teachers and learners alike.
- Hoedown: No. 15
- Prelude in B, Op. 2 No. 2
- Poetic Tone-Picture (E minor), Op. 3 No. 1
- Fantasia in D minor, K. 397/385g
- Nocturne in B flat
- To Alexis: No. 59 from Klavierschule
- Sonata in B minor, Kp. 87, L. 33
- Avril: Perce-neige (April: Snowdrop): No. 4 from Les Saisons, Op. 37a
- Suite No. 3: 1st movement, Le Coucou (The Cuckoo)
- Berceuse in Gb, Op. 13 No. 7
- Allegro in A Wq 116/16
- Romance sans Paroles, Op. 17 No. 3
- Les Rozeaux (The Reeds), from 13th Ordre, Pieces de Clavecin, Book 3
- Ride by Night: No. 3 from Hunters Moon
- First movement from Sonata in E flat op. 31 no. 3